Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Live Life to Match Your Prayers

Sorry it has been a while.

Lord, please bless me when I pray
as I kneel down day to day
     that Jesus' love
     which comes from above
is mimicked through all I do and say.

Please don't let me just kneel down
for that short time upon the ground,
     for it is not right
     not to try with fervent might
to aid in helping those whose torments abound.

Did we not pray for that same one
who through the day we mock, tease or shun?
     The Lord did say
     when in service today
we are really in service to God's Son.

Jesus once said to a righteous rich man
"Today I will visit thy great land."
     The man killed a beast
     and made a great feast
and through the day gave not one helping hand

to the poor man at his door, or to that person who is lame,
to the blind man or deaf man that came.
     He did not know
     and no kindness did show
but the afflicted and Jesus are one and the same.

So when Jesus late that night did come
and was disappointed about what had been done,
     "Why did ye not see
     service to others is to me?
Why served ye not the blind, deaf and dumb?"

So tonight when you kneel down to pray
don't shortly think about what you say.
     It is through man
     that God shows his hand
to those that have waivered and gone astray.

So you need to try with all your might
to holp those who aren't going right
     so at the end of the day
     you can easily say
"Through this day I've been sharing the light."

No comments: